Date:      Tue, 27 Nov 2007 05:50:48 -0800
From:      "Ted Mittelstaedt" <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
To:        <Albert.Shih@obspm.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Help for very bad perf for MySQL

Is Hyperthreading enabled  (by default it is not under
FreeBSD)  mysql is heavily dependent on threading, if it is not
built and linked into the freebsd threads package you will get
poor performance.  Some folks have installed the linux compat libs
and linked mysql into the linux threads package and reported good
results.

Ted