Date:      Thu, 22 Jan 2004 09:02:06 +0000
From:      "Umar Draz" <konn_@msn.com>
To:        freebsd-config@freebsd.org
Subject:   IPFW

   hi

   i am a new user of freeBSD.

   I have a server of Linux 7.3 with dsl connection. Now on Linux 7.3 i
   have configure Squid as transparent and also Linux 7.3 running as a
   Gatway.

   i have use these command for configure transparent Proxy for my users

   iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
   --to-port 8080
   iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j SNAT --to 202.147.x.x

   now its running fine. Every Thing is fine. My Client Just add my linux
   7.3's ip as a Gateway and DNS (and access internet)

   now i want Linux 7.3 replace with FreeBSD 4.8. so there is no iptables
   in freeBSD. there is ipfw plz tel me how i can configure my freebsd
   machine that my freebsd machine can work as a gateway and also running
   squid as a transparent.

   thanks  and regards

   Umar Draz

   The new [1]MSN 8: smart spam protection and 2 months FREE*