Date:      Sun, 20 Aug 1995 11:52:18 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@rocky.sri.MT.net>
To:        Coranth Gryphon <gryphon@healer.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: known rogue?

> Hi. What does the phrase
>
> 	st0: Archive Viper 150 is a known rogue
>
> actually mean?

It means that the tape doesn't work quite like the SPEC says it should.

> It seems to mean that the tape is not really supported.

Nope, the tape is supported.  However, depending on which version of the
tape firmware is on board, you may/may not need to remove the rogue
entry out of the kernel.  My 150 didn't work correctly with the rogue
entry, so I commented it out and all was well.

Nate