Date:      Tue, 7 May 2002 11:21:20 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "C J Michaels" <cjm2@earthling.net>
To:        <FJU@fritzilldo.com>
Cc:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: PHP4, Apache & mod_ssl port?

Hope this isn't too little, too late.

From the ports, I'm currently running
apache-1.3.x+mod_ssl+mod_php4(zlib,imap,ssl,ftp,mysql,etc..)+mod_perl
I was a very smooth setup, and I've done it several times.  I'm currently
running 4.5-STABLE with the latest ports tree.
--Chris

Christopher J. Umina said:
> Hello,
>
>    I've heared that you don't lose anything with the ports of Apache
>    and
> PHP4.  The one thing I'm wondering is if I can build an Apache server
> with PHP4 (with: imap support, mysql support, etc...) and mod_ssl.
> Lately I've been trying to do this from the source and it's driving me
> nuts.  I've had problems with IMAP and C-Client not getting along, with
> MM and just about everything else you can think of.
>
>    I still, to this date cannot build a nice Apache_1.3.x server with
>    PHP4
> (with imap) and mod_ssl on this 4.5 system.  I've done it multiple
> times on a 4.1 system and the install went seemlessly.  Is there
> something different with BSD4.5?  I'm lost with everything in this
> case.
>
> Thanks,
> --with-name="Christopher J. Umina"

Chris

"I'll defend to the death your right to say that, but I never said I'd
listen to it!"     -- Tom Galloway with apologies to Voltaire

http://gamershq.madonion.com/compare2k1.shtml?2648972