Date:      Wed, 29 Apr 2009 21:32:37 GMT
From:      Mark <admin@asarian-host.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: PostgreSQL 8.3.7 builds incomplete

From: Andrew Gould [mailto:andrewlylegould@gmail.com]
Sent: woensdag 29 april 2009 20:54
To: Mark
Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 1:45 PM, Mark <admin@asarian-host.net> wrote:

From: Andrew Gould [mailto:andrewlylegould@gmail.com]
Sent: woensdag 29 april 2009 20:41
To: Mark
Cc: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

> > If I go to the /usr/ports/databases/postgresql84-server/

> > directory, it actually downloads and builds a 8.3.7 version;

> > so the name version difference is not my fault.

> a rare case when accuracy causes confusion     ;-)

> I would suggest that you deinstall or pkg_delete it.

> Then try configuring and installing from:

> /usr/ports/databases/postgresql83-server/

> Let us know if you still have problems.

Wow, you're right. That actually DOES build normally! :) Got files in the

designated include dir, and it built a working pg_config.

I should have looked better, instead of just picking the highest-version

server. Still, makes you wonder, if the postgresql84-server port is so

incredibly broken, why even include it? (Could also be it just purposely

omits writing files in the include dir and making the pg_config, precisely

because it's beta).

At any rate, it's all working now. Thanks!

- Mark