Date:      Thu, 30 Jul 2009 15:32:49 -0400
From:      PJ <af.gourmet@videotron.ca>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   7.2 RELEASE ? Buggy as hell

I have (supposedly, as I am told by my bootup) upgraded to 7.2
Wonderful. But how do i make this thing work. I've managed to do it on
an amd64 on an ACER Travelmate 4400 running at 1600mhz.
This box runs on 3ghz; Xorg comes up and the mouse is dead. Flashplayer9
with linux-emulator f8 and all the tweaks does not work, acroread9 does
not either,
hal is useless. I've tried turning off the option AllowEmptyInput to
off; i've tried starting hal - and when I run startx, the configuration
file is the default built-in... I don't understand what the hell is
going on... None of the solutions on google seem to work either...
oh, but there is some sunlight in neverneverland... I can boot and I can
install all kinds of files - funny, I don't want to play with this crap...
and I certainly am not going to reinstall after all I have gone
through... If I do reinstall, it will be another OS.
If it all works on amd64, what's wrong with i386?
I think it's time to switch to something more reliable.

--
Hervé Kempf: "Pour sauver la planète, sortez du capitalisme."
Phil Jourdan --- pj@ptahhotep.com