Date:      Sun, 15 Feb 1998 15:01:34 +0000
From:      "Riley J. McIntire" <chaos@tgci.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Newsgroups

Would it be possible to setup a private newsgroup independent of
Usenet?  What I have in mind is an inhouse news server with forums
that are accessible by password only, hopefully both inside and
outside of a firewall.

Would innd and nnrpd be all that I need?   I've *no* experience with
news and am aware that setting up a full newsserver is not a trivial
task.  Hopefully  what I'm thinking of would not require the
tuning and planning a commercial feed would.

Any comments and information on what and where to find it  would be
great.

Thanks,

Riley