Date:      Tue, 3 Oct 1995 21:36:07 -0700
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        smace@metal.ops.neosoft.com
Cc:        ache@astral.msk.su, smace@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xanim 2.70.1 core dumps on .MOV

 * The latest version has cinepak removed by request of Radius.
 *
 * The README doesn't say why though...  I guess its a political
 * thing, but who knows...

Oh, so you mean this .MOV file (in "Cinepak" format) doesn't run
anymore on xanim because of political reasons?  If so,

(1) We shouldn't go back to the older version, we have to honor the
    decisions of the source developers.  People who have .MOV files
    should find a viewer elsewhere (like on the 2.0.5R CDROM :)

(2) It will be nice if we can fix it to exit and not core dump (gosh
    it's even printing it out as "unsupported", why would it want to
    run until it hits a null pointer, fercristssake)....

Satoshi