Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:27:25 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@webweaving.org>
To:        joanra <joanra@jet.es>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: error wich devices ad*

Your userland is out of sync with your kernel. I suggest you tell us
what steps you took to get here. I'm referring to steps like:

	- make world
	- compile your kernel
	- update /etc/fstab and the likes
	- update /dev/MAKEDEV

and other things you could come up with that might be related to
modifying your system files.

See if you can get someone to send you a kernel. Boot from the first CD,
go to Fix-it/CDROM and then copy that kernel for example from a floppy
onto the mounted root partition as kernel.CURRENT and reboot again,
booting the new kernel.CURRENT.

Big question: Why do you run current if you don't read the mail
current@freebsd.org?

Nick