Date:      Sat, 30 May 1998 00:23:40 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I see one major problem with DEVFS...

> The logical thing would be for "undelete" to work here...

Assuming removals became whiteouts, yes.  The only fs I know which
currently does that is unionfs, however.

> Have you tried that ?

See above - what good would that do? :)  I even tried it with
unionfs, just for grins, and it wouldn't allow me to change
anything at all. :)

Oh yeah, Eivind: I also tried the mv trick, mounting the 2nd instance
and then moving a file over?  Works great, but with an unforseen
side-effect:  You can't unmount the 2nd filesystem instance after
that. :-)

- Jordan