Date:      Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:30:45 -0500
From:      Jeremy Messenger <mezz7@cox.net>
To:        shell <shell@mpghold.ru>
Cc:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: error! mc+glib

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 23:15:40 +0300, <shell@mpghold.ru> wrote:

> Hello Jeremy,
>
> Tuesday, July 15, 2003, 10:08:52 PM, you wrote:
>
> JM> On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:59:18 +0300, <shell@mpghold.ru> wrote:
>
>>> Hello gnome,
>>>
>>> Hello! At compilation mc 4.6.0 from
>>> ports there is a mistake. Help to resolve a problem.
>>> checking for pkg-config... /usr/local/bin/pkg-config
>>> configure: error: *** pkg-config too old; version 0.14 or better
>>> required.
> JM> <snip>
>
> JM> Doesn't it said all? In the ports tree has pkgconfig 0.15, which you
> do JM> really need to start to use the portupgrade.
>
> JM> 1) CVSup the ports tree (update it)
> JM> 2) Install sysutils/portupgrade
> JM> 3) pkgdb -F (to fix stuff)
> JM> 4) portupgrade -ra (to update all apps that you have installed from
> the JM> ports tree)
>
> JM> Cheers,
> JM> Mezz
>

> Unfortunately, I upgrade  and with the help cvsup and directly,
> copying ports.tar.gz - the same mistake

Try to check what's pkgconfig version in your ports tree following:

# cd /usr/ports/devel/pkgconfig ; make -V PORTVERSION

It should be 0.15.0.. If it's not, then you must have done something wrong
to update your ports tree. You can follow two links:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html
http://www.bsdforums.org/docs/ports.html

Then, be sure to follow the steps that I have shown above (1-5)..

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.