Date:      Mon, 17 Jul 2000 16:00:35 +0200
From:      Robert Szelepcsenyi <Robert.Szelepcsenyi@alcatel.de>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Equinox multiport serial card & FreeBSD

Hi,

I have just got an Equinox multiport serial card (8 ports) from an ISP
who used to run it under Linux. I would like to use the card under
FreeBSD. I checked the Equinox home page, but I did not find any
drivers for FreeBSD, only for Linux and BSDI. I also checked various
discussion forums, where I found several similar questions, but no
answers. Is there any way of using this type of card under FreeBSD?
Which driver supports it?

If I do not get a solution to this problem, I will be forced to use
Linux instead of FreeBSD, which is something I would not like to do.
The ISP complained about Linux being unstable under heavier loads.

Any help will be very appreciated.

Robert