Date:      30 Sep 1998 08:27:17 -0700
From:      Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Boot Manager Configuration.

Studded <Studded@dal.net> writes:

> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/tools/srcs/bteasy/

Butting in here with a slightly different question:

The README file at the above URL explains a bit how to install and
use`booteasy' once you have a working system.  Sound like a robust
tool.

Still in the throws of installing... When given a choice about
installing a boot manager.  The advice for `dos-pc' users is to select
`NONE'.

I will have 3 OSs on two disks when everything is set.
disk 1 dos/win
disk 2 Redhat-linux/FreeBSD-2.2.7
The win95 and Redhat linux are in operation now.

I'd like to boot with lilo but only because I already know how to use
it.  Can I just put a stanza about FreeBSD in there, pointing to the
kernal address etc for FreeBSD?  If so, where does FreeBSD keep the
kernal?  I haven't got to look at my newly installed file system
yet...

Alternately:  If `Easy Boot' can be made to handle all three OSs then
what do I need to choose when doing the install?
Haven't read every thing I probably should have, but did not see an
explanation about this in the INSTALL.txt.  Likewise, during the
install, pressing F1 at that section doesn't give much info about
which choice to make other than `NONE'

--
Harry Putnam reader@newsguy.com
Running Redhat Linux-5.1