Date:      Fri, 9 Jan 2004 19:50:30 -0800
From:      Avleen Vig <lists-freebsd@silverwraith.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Discussion on the future of floppies in 5.x and 6.x

On Fri, Jan 09, 2004 at 02:08:08PM -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
> > PXE boot against an automated backup/restore service would be much more
> > useful for this.
>
> Assuming they have PXE and a supported card..

One point that hasn't been made here against PXE (well, not against it,
but not in favour it):
  What if you dont' have another server to PXE boot from? What if it's
  the only PC in your house? PXE booting might be fine for a
  multi-server network, but when it's the only machine you have at home
  and you don't have a CD burner, you'd be screwed :)

If the etherboot code can be made to use FTP, that would be good.
Otherwise, can we have the mirror servers allow tftp? That would fix
this quite easily.
I might be willing to find hosting for a "boot image" provided it is
small, as scott suggested it might be (3mb?)