Date:      Tue, 26 Nov 2002 23:52:59 +0100
From:      Len Conrad <LConrad@Go2France.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   ATA RAID Highpoint RR 133

DMESG with a 4.7R GENERIC kernel shows for our Rocketraid 133:

atapci1: <HighPoint HPT372 ATA133 controller> port
0x8400-0x84ff,0x8800-0x8803,0x9000-0x9007,0x9400-0x9403,0x9800-0x9807 irq
11 at  device 13.0 on pci0

But we have nice Highpoint doc "FreeBSD INstallation Guide" where it talks
about installing their drivers, up to fsbd 4.7, via loader.conf.

They say "sysctl hpt37x2.status" and other systcl params are available.

We are confused about the GENERIC support vs. what we are supposed to do
with the Highpoint FreeBSD driver, etc.

Also, is there any shell command to check the status of the mirroring for
disk loss via GENERIC support? ie, does the GENERIC ata raid driver do
logging to anywhere?

the raid stuff in atacontrol is fine, but we can't see how to discover
"have we gone "critical" with one disk down?"

Thanks
Len