Date:      Sat, 08 Dec 2001 14:35:21 -0600
From:      Christopher Schulte <christopher@schulte.org>
To:        Juha Saarinen <juha@saarinen.org>, Sam Drinkard <sam@wa4phy.net>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Advice Please

At 09:16 AM 12/9/2001 +1300, Juha Saarinen wrote:
>You might be better off upgrading to 4.4-RELEASE and applying
>bugfixes/updates instead.

Or upgrade to RELENG_4_4 which is -RELEASE+security fixes, and save
manually applying the important security patches.

RELENG_4_4 has not had many commits, so the point is not as strong right
now.  As we reach breakoff to 4.5-RELEASE, RELENG_4_4 will no doubt have
many more commits and thus save more time.  I know RELENG_4_3 was full of
fixes over 4.3-RELEASE.

I follow RELENG_4_X on most machines unless -STABLE specifically addresses
a problem I'm having or introduces a new feature I want.  Then I jump from
RELENG_4_X to RELENG_4_X+1_0_RELEASE and begin to track RELENG_4_X+1 from
there.

>--
>Juha
>Take off every sig!