Date:      Sun, 29 Aug 1999 07:00:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: docs/13441: incorrect path in SGML_CATALOG_FILES env variable

The following reply was made to PR docs/13441; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To: efrias@sg505.net
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 1999 14:21:45 +0100

 On Sat, Aug 28, 1999 at 10:29:55AM -0700, efrias@sg505.net wrote:
 > >Fix:
 > $SGML_ROOT/docbook on my system contains subdirectories for each version:
 > 2.4.1, 3.0, 3.1, and dsssl.  SGML_CATALOG_FILES should be pointed at
 > ${SGML_ROOT}/docbook/3.1/catalog, or perhaps add a line for each versions.

 Hmm.  The post-install target of the textproc/docbook port (which is a
 meta-port, which exists just to install all the others for you) builds
 this catalog file.

 It might make more sense if the individual docbook-* ports appended to this
 file in their post-install target, and removed their entries when they
 are pkg_delete'ed.  Suggestions for the best way to do this would be
 appreciated.

  [intentional self-reference] can be easily accommodated using a blessed,
  non-self-referential dummy head-node whose own object destructor severs
  the links.
     -- Tom Christiansen in <375143b5@cs.colorado.edu>