Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 2019 08:51:21 -0500
From:      Kyle Evans <kevans@freebsd.org>
To:        Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: ps -J0 broken?

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 8:05 AM Konstantin Belousov <kostikbel@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 02, 2019 at 02:30:49PM +0200, Stefan Hegnauer wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > after a recent full update to 12.0-STABLE r348382 it seems that '/bin/ps
> > -J 0' is broken: 'ps: Invalid jail id: 0'.
> > It did work on stable for the last couple years prior to this update
> > (last update without this error was about 5 weeks ago), and should still
> > work according to ps(1):
> >      -J      Display information about processes which match the specified
> >              jail IDs.  This may be either the jid or name of the jail.
> > **Use**
> > **             -J 0 to display only host processes*.*  This flag implies
> > -x by
> >              default.
> >
> > My system runs several jails with JID's currently in the range 80-100.
> > The source code of ps did not change for the last 7 month as far as I
> > can tell. A fresh 'make clean & make & make install' of just ps did not
> > help either, which was not really surprising to me.
> > Any pointers where to look further?
> Is your libjail up to date ?  Do you have r348297 ?

kern_jail_get refuses to do lookups for jid=0, presumably because
prison 0 is special. I'll commit quick fix- libjail should go back to
just return (jid) if jid == 0, because this will always exist. It's a
trivial patch, I intend to request permission for immediate MFC to
both stable/1{1,2} from re@ because it restores previous working
behavior for this.