Date:      Thu, 7 Oct 2010 19:19:45 +0200
From:      Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Like it or not, Theo has a point... freebsd is shipping export-restricted software in the core
References:  <86fwwjyurd.fsf@red.stonehenge.com> <20101006215345.1a57c45c@gumby.homeunix.com> <86pqvnxbre.fsf@red.stonehenge.com> <20101006174309.407e4216@scorpio> <86d3rnxadh.fsf@red.stonehenge.com> <AANLkTikMoCn_JY9u%2B2QTFqcWY9N1s4zNwPw_owtEV%2BSD@mail.gmail.com> <4CAD40C7.5080908@gmail.com> <AANLkTikwG5asPL8CiANhZC8m_fWRvEJgfOiaWFJtmZvo@mail.gmail.com> <4CAD9F85.5000005@gmail.com> <AANLkTimrov5MrrygdLEgz8DAC6qm3BBZ%2Bc6bWNdrSVaa@mail.gmail.com>

On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Rob Farmer <rfarmer@predatorlabs.net> wrote=
:
> On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 03:23, Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Im saying what I already said.
>
> And yet, you haven't really addressed my core point.
>
> My point is  ...

If you have a point, then there=B4s no point in me addressing your point
.. unless you are asking me for legal advice ..
Should that be the case, just let me know; I charge by the hour .. no
"pro bono".

> People shouldn't be
> watching out for a particular license, but rather the broader
> implications of distributing stuff internationally

Usually, the implications of distributing stuff internationally have a
really strict realation with "what is exactly what you want to
export?" ... which in this case, leads you straight into the reading
of the terms of the licenses of the software subject to international
distribution.

> By clicking on and downloading Fedora, you agree to comply with the
> following terms and conditions:
>
> Fedora software and technical information is subject to the U.S.

Plase, get in touch with Fedora=B4a legal advisors. They=B4ll be able to
ask every question and legal concern you may have about their
operation.

> If I consulted
> a lawyer about doing such an export, it is reasonable to expect that
> they would bring this up, rather than just summarize license terms on
> a one-off basis.

By all mean, feel free to get in touch with your lawyer and ask him
everything you would like to know.

Best Regards
Gonzalo Nemmi