Date:      Fri, 5 Feb 2010 12:30:40 -0500
From:      Kevin Wolf <kwolf@wolfness.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netgear GA511 Cardbus Ethernet Problem

I have a Netgear GA511 cardbus gigabit ethernet adapter based on a
supported chipset (Realtek RTL8169) that is not getting detected by
FreeBSD 8 for some reason. Here is the message that appears in dmesg
whenever I insert the card:

cbb0: Warning: Bus reset timeout

The laptop I am trying to use this card with is an Acer Travelmate
2423WXCi with a 1.6GHz Celeron M processor and 1GB of RAM.  I have
Googled this problem and the only results I found were for older
versions of FreeBSD (6.x) where it did not have a problem actually
seeing the card.  In my situation, the card does not show in pciconf
-l.  Any help is appreciated!