Date:      Fri, 14 Feb 1997 18:09:25 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   xdm problem

I brought one of my 3.0-current machines up to a freshly rebuilt
/usr/ports/x11/XFree86 tree (because of the wtmp stuff - xterm etc.).

Since then I have the following problem:

One user which logs in at the console and was used to use startx before
now logged in through xdm (since my /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xdm dir
got overwritten - but that got fixed menawhile and I decided
to leave an xdm controlled X server running) and complained that
his .xconscript (which is executed in his .xsession) could not
be executed:

This is what appears in the first window right after login:

console: Can't execvp .xconscript

and the rest of his .xsession isn't executed.

I think this comes from xdm -> Xsession.

The script is executable for owner group and world.