Date:      Sat, 8 Mar 2003 09:17:10 -0800
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
To:        dyeske@yahoo.com
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, lioux@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Unfetchable distfiles reminder

>If a port distfile is unavailable, what should the maintainer do assuming
>they have local copies of the distfile and the owner of the MASTER_SITE
>is not able to be contacted?

Find somewhere to stick 'em and stick 'em there.  If you don't have your
own space, find someone (like me) to put them in their MASTER_SITE_LOCAL.
Many of the things in MASTER_SITE_LOCAL/MASTER_SITE_SUBDIR=fenner are
distfiles from this kind of situation.  My policy is pretty easygoing -
if the easiest way to get the distfile survey to shut up is to use my
MASTER_SITE_LOCAL, then I'm happy to do it.

  Bill