Date:      Sun, 8 Oct 2000 18:46:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chris BeHanna <behanna@zbzoom.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Stable <stable@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Security problem with "script"?

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <Pine.BSF.4.21.0010071640460.7433-100000@topperwein.dyndns.org> Chris BeHanna writes:
> :     Er, wouldn't that give a user root access to do anything he or she
> : wanted?
>
> Yes.  That's the logical conclusion if you give someone shell access,
> or access to any program that can fork a shell.  "TOYOTA: You asked
> for it, you got it."

    Dammit, Warner.  Now I can't get that old man (the guy with the
bad teeth from Prizzi's Honor) out of my mind.  He played a senile guy
in another movie, and there's a scene where a guy and his wife (it's
the wife's father) are driving down the road with the old guy in the
back seat, and he just keeps repeating, "You asked for it; you got it.
Toyoooota!"

    I read up a bit on sudo and its config file, and I now realize
what a dumb question I asked.

--
Chris BeHanna
Software Engineer (at yourfit.com)