Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2018 03:02:56 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        Sebastian Huber <sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Why SPDX-License-Identifier: BSD-2-Clause-FreeBSD?

On 2018-Oct-15, at 10:25 PM, Sebastian Huber =
<sebastian.huber@embedded-brains.de> wrote:

> Hello,
>=20
> it seems the master list of SPDX Identifiers is maintained by the =
Linux Foundation and not OSI:
>=20
> https://spdx.org/licenses/
>=20
> The BSD-2-Clause-FreeBSD is there:
>=20
> https://spdx.org/licenses/BSD-2-Clause-FreeBSD.html

And it does not agree with the other 2, listing from the above
first:

PROVIDED BY THE FREEBSD PROJECT
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FREEBSD PROJECT OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE

(yep: no "AND CONTRIBUTORS" for the first line that I listed)

vs.

PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE

vs.

PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE

Messy. (I've not double checked the rest of the wording.)

=3D=3D=3D
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com
( dsl-only.net went