Date:      Sun, 26 Aug 2001 17:19:11 -0500
From:      Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
To:        David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Cc:        bandix@looksharp.net, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: exec issue in tcsh?

David Wolfskill wrote:

>>Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2001 02:43:56 -0400 (EDT)
>>From: "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>

>>>Too lazy?
>>>

>>Heh.  You just uncomment one line in /etc/ttys and HUP init.  It's not
>>compilicated.
>>

> Indeed.  However, there are some differences in startup of which to be
> aware (.xinitrc vs. .xsession).
>
> Cheers,
> david (who quit using xinit about a year ago....)

You are missing the point.

This is the way I choose to run X for the moment..

I have a quite nice multi-wm .xsession already in place that I like and works well.

Yes, it would take only a moment to enable xdm...

The point is that I'm using startx for now.

jim
--
ET has one helluva sense of humor!
He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!