Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 20:26:02 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compiling Linux Binaries under FreeBSD

: I'm sure if someone really worked hard enough they could probably come
: up with a reasonably convincing argument for how a full linux
: cross-compilation environment would make their lives easier, but it's
: take a lot more than that to convince me that this makes sense for the
: general populace.  Being able to run things like Linux Wingz,
: WordPerfect or the Caldera desktop - now THAT makes sense.

It has made my life easier in the past, but I went the route of
building a full tool chain and installing it myself.  It isn't that
horribly hard to do, so I think that Jordan may be right.

However, if it does just work with some care (like installing libc, et
al in the right places), then I don't think anything should be done to
break it :-)

Warner