Date:      Tue, 2 Apr 2002 21:58:00 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Thomas Bollen <thomas@futuristic.nl>
To:        Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net>
Cc:        Wayne Lubin <wayneclubin@yahoo.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: apache13-mod_ssl with mod_php4 and mysql

Hi,

Well what you can do (and what i would prolly do..) is deinstall your old
apache installation (backup your httpd.conf _AND_ other data you
think is/consider nessecary to backup, before doing a pkg_delete or make
deinstall depends on package or port i think).

After that install the apache+modssl package/port, diff your new
httpd.conf with the old one and merge them (where they differ, kinda like
mergemaster..) and startup apache :-)

_NOTE: Once i did a portupgrade of a default apache installation, which
writes a default apache content to /usr/local/www/data.default (the 'your
installation is succesfull' page). Well make sure that it doesn't
overwrite your just newly built website! ;-)
I was fortunate enough that it was only one .php file.. but it could have
ended allot worse.. so watch out.. don't take any changes when you do not
want to lose your data.

Hope it helps,
Thomas