Date:      Wed, 29 Aug 2001 01:29:14 +0100
From:      Robin Becker <robin@jessikat.fsnet.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Python-2.1.1 extension problem

In article <15244.9462.240685.390211@guru.mired.org>, Mike Meyer
<mwm@mired.org> writes
>It makes it very hard to try and recreate the problem, should that be
>required to solve the problem.

well since the source isn't actually yet OS (we're negotiating with the
main authors) that would be pretty hard.

>It would be nice if the packages could all determine these things
>dynamically, but I suspect most application authors would just tell
>you to recompile for your version of the OS.
>
>       <mike
I'm fairly sure I can just change the config.h file that Python builds
during its build, but I think you're right about the build from source
being the way to go.

Several people have told me that wchar.h isn't available on freeBSD, but
it was available to the package builder and other evidence suggests it's
coming soon.
--
Robin Becker