Date:      Wed, 26 Apr 2000 07:49:31 +0530
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold <gunnar@paganlibrary.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Ports: any difference between 3.x/4.0?

I have never had any of the problems cited below, regarding ports.

But lately I've sometimes had the "make" stop halfway with some error
message, and if I do it again with CC=gcc295 CXX=g++295 it works
fine, though the port itself doesn't require gcc2.95 to be installed.

Is it because the port was written for 4.0 and I'm still running
3.4?  Or do I have the wrong port tree?

Thanks
Rahul.