Date:      Sun, 22 Feb 1998 22:41:49 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
To:        Chris Timmons <skynyrd@opus.cts.cwu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Duncan Barclay <dmlb@ragnet.demon.co.uk>
Subject:   RE: itcl port BROKEN

On 22-Feb-98 Chris Timmons wrote:

> There are bigger problems as respects the itcl port.  Anybody volunteer to
> fix it and bring it up to at least 7.6/4.2?  I think it should run under
> that.  I saw something the other day from the itcl author saying that the
> next version will run under tcl/tk v8 but that will be RSN.

What problems? Looking back to when I upgraded to 2.2.5 I seem to have removed
the broken directive in the Makefile and then let it fly. It is working fine.
Any idea why it is marked as broken (the comment says is doesn't do the right
thing)?

I guess we should have moved to 2.2; but as you say the new verison under 8.x
is imminent so it's probably worth waiting for (I have a project on hold
for this reason).

Duncan

---