Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2001 12:12:29 -0500
From:      "Chad Leigh, Pengar Enterprises, Inc & Shire.Net LLC" <chad@pengar.com>
To:        simon@surf.org.uk, Rasputin <rasputin@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD box as Airport replacement?

--On Wednesday, January 17, 2001 5:06 PM +0000 Simon Loader
<simon@herculeez.com> wrote:

> Rasputin wrote:
>>

>> Cheers Andrew, that'll do me fine. One more question:
>>         With a range like that, how do you stop Evil Granny Smith
>> at number 23 from sniffing your network traffic?
>>
>> Is there crypto built into the IEEE802.11 spec?
>> And is it any good?
>>

> With the gold version there is I think silver doesnt

The silver and gold both have encryption.  SIlver has weaker version of
encryption.  At least that was the way it was last summer when I bought my
gold .

chad

Pengar Enterprises, Inc. and Shire.Net LLC
Web and Macintosh Consulting -- full service web hosting
Chad Leigh
chad@pengar.com			chad@shire.net