Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 1995 02:44:16 -0700
From:      jmacd@uclink.berkeley.edu (Joshua Peck Macdonald)
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   emacs locks up/update

Okay so yesterday I mailed this list somewhat clueless to a
problem I was having and now I have it figured out, though it
persists.  Could people try this and see if it crashes for them
so I can tell if its just my machine/installation.

What locks it up (e19.29) is make-comint with the pathname of a
directory.  for example, I have a directory /users/jmacd/bin
and if I execute in a lisp interaction buffer the command
(make-comint "directory-process" "/users/jmacd/bin")
it dies, can anyone else reproduces this?

-josh