Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:57:40 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad 570 doesn't wake up

> I'm running -CURRENT on a thinkpad 570.  When I suspend it, it will
> not wake up.

[ Shot in the dark ]

This happened to me in -stable (a long time ago, back when stable when
2.2.8) when someone added in a cli call just before the APM bios was
called.

The APM code in -current is *way* different, so it's possible that this
isn't the problem, since it's not use VM86 mode.

However, alot of folks have been playing with the segment descriptors as
of late, so it's possible that they might be broken again.

Did this every work previously, or is this the first time you've tried
this on the box?

Nate