Date:      Wed, 29 Oct 1997 08:40:12 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Patrick Gardella <patrick@cre8tivegroup.com>, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dont need PAO?

> > As a reasonably new user of FreeBSD on my laptop, I thought you *had*
> > to use PAO to get the pcmcia cards to work right.  Is this not the case?
> > I'd love to get away from it, but I need my cards (ethernet and modem)!
>
> Nope.  Life is just fine without it.
>
> (This is not to be taken as knocking the Nomads, who have done a lot of
>  good stuff for the cause...)

Right, most of the recent work I did was in-directly related to the
Nomad work.  They very often point me in the right direction of a fix,
or in many cases have *really* good ideas (the Linker set one was
great).

We wouldn't have anywhere near the support for cards today if it wasn't
for the Nomads.

Nate