Date:      Tue, 5 Jun 2018 00:24:44 +0200
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        edflecko <edflecko@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error installing Apache from port with NSS

On Mon, 4 Jun 2018 14:33:33 -0700, edflecko wrote:
> The error message I eventually get is:
>
> "configure: error: Crypto was requested but no crypto library could be
> enabled; specify the location of a crypto library using --with-openssl,
> --with-nss, and/or --with-commoncrypto."
>
> I then ran: make deinstall clean for the Apache port, installed NSS from
> the port, and re-ran my Apache install and I still get the same error.
>
> I see the error message clearly says to " specify the location of a crypto
> library using --with-openssl, --with-nss..." but I don't know how to do
> that.
>
> Suggestions?

This is an error message primarily intended for using the
"configure" script (in the classic sense of "./configure &&
make && make install" way of installing things). Those options
will instruct "configure" how to generate the Makefile that
will control the build.

You should be able to use something like this:

	# ./configure --with-nss
	# make
	# make install

from within the port's work directory (just check where
the configure script is).

However, the FreeBSD ports infrastructure should be the
preferred means so you do not have to do this. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany