Date:      Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:32:58 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Glass Steve NTC/Boston <sglass@NASBPD01BS.ntc.nokia.com>
Cc:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, Steve Glass <steve.glass@ntc.nokia.com>
Subject:   Re: When did FreeBSD begin supporting th

[Format recovered at freebie.lemis.com]

On Tuesday, 26 January 1999 at 17:59:06 -0500, Glass Steve NTC/Boston wrote:

>> Well, no, Email needs a text.  It's confusing to write the message in
>> the subject line.
>
>     Can I assume, then, that my email was confusing?

Yes.

> Sometimes you just want to send a short, one-line email, and if you
> can put quickly in the subject, why not.

Because it's no easier, and it's confusing.

> Then again, getting people to just hit 'd', or 'r' without opening
> is the *real* problem.

I think the real problem is that it's too difficult to write and read
mail messages with some mailers, including the Microsoft Mail you
use.  In this connection, you should note that your message came in a
single line; I had to reformat it to make it legible.

Greg