Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:56:50 +1100
From:      JacobRhoden <f3z@iprimus.com.au>
To:        "Jett Tayer" <jett.tayer@rlc.com.ph>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: how to upgrade bind8 to bind9?

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 11:50, Jett Tayer wrote:
> when you do a make buidlworld/installworld again
> /usr/sbin/named will be overwritten, making it bind8
> again...change your rc.conf settings  to use your new
> bind9:
>
> named_program=3D"/usr/local/sbin/named"
> named_flags=3D"/usr/local/etc/named.conf"

Oh, Good point! I had figured that because named was part of the base sys=
tem=20
it should be there (as opposed to using a non standard rc configuration=20
thing). Perhaps a note displayed when compiling the port woudl be a good=20
idea?

Jacob Rhoden            Phone: +61 3 8344 6102
ITS Division            Email: jrhoden@unimelb.edu.au
Melbourne University   Mobile: +61 403 788 386