Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 2006 10:57:29 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Divacky Roman <xdivac02@stud.fit.vutbr.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Gaspar Chilingarov <casper@mail.web.am>
Subject:   Re: Are there any beakage of linuxulator (on amd64)?

Quoting Divacky Roman <xdivac02@stud.fit.vutbr.cz> (from Mon, 24 Jul =20
2006 10:06:20 +0200):

> On Sun, Jul 23, 2006 at 09:02:06PM +0500, Gaspar Chilingarov wrote:
>> Hi all!
>>
>> After upgrading from -CURRENT mid-Mart to Jul 22 current I got a
>> failures for Linux applications which try to use X.
>>
>> About my system: amd64, I'm trying to run openoffice and skype, but they
>> fail with "Segmentation fault". ktrace also produces dump, which makes
>> kdump fail also with segfault.
>>
>> Is this known issue or I've messed somethng on my system while upgrading?
>
> yes... linuxolator@amd64 is currently broken. afaik the commit to linux_ip=
> removing stackgap usage broke it. I hope someone (jhb?) is working on it

We like to work on it. But so far I haven't seen someone provide the =20
necessary debugging (maybe jhb got something and I didn't got a CC). =20
We need a ktrace of it.

Most of the time a wrapper script is called when running a linux =20
program. This is at least true for skype and acroread. So there are =20
two possibilities:
  - run "ktrace -i" and hope the mixed information (FreeBSD sh and =20
linux binary) can be decoded
  - modify the wrapper script to run ktrace on the real linux binary

To process the ktrace.out file, you need to use the linux_kdump =20
program. I made a package (32bit) available at =20
http://www.leidinger/net/FreeBSD/

Most interesting is the information which syscall is called before the =20
coredump, but the entire log would be ok too (please don't send it to =20
the list if it is large). So if anyone is able to provide this =20
information: we prefer to get it even from several people instead of =20
not at all.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Let the meek inherit the earth -- they have it coming to them.
=09=09-- James Thurber

http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137