Date:      Sun, 21 Oct 2007 22:07:14 -0400
From:      Rob <bitabyss@gmail.com>
To:        "Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET" <ml@t-b-o-h.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Want to upgrade sendmail in next OS release

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:
> 	I'd like to upgrade my sendmail version in advance of
> upgrading to the next release of the OS. I was wondering if I
> 	I don't want to build out of ports because it is set up not to
> override the base install.

I ran into the same problem years ago, with sendmail from ports
installing into the /usr/local path, and creating two different versions
on the same system, and generally making a Big Mess of itself.

But from some posts here a couple months ago, and reading the Makefile,
I ~THINK~ it [the port] is now set up to replace the stock sendmail and
install into the regular system paths.

I'm only like 90% on this, but hopefully someone else will confirm:  I
think the port will do what you want.

   -Rob