Date:      Wed, 25 Dec 2002 09:26:33 +0100
From:      Manuel Enrique Garcia Cuesta <manolo@kicelo.org>
To:        Tovarisch Drug <tovarisch-drug@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Escape character inside the variable's value in login.conf

	Since everybody else seems to be getting up late I will give
this a try.

=== Tovarisch Drug escribía
(Wed, Dec 25, 2002 at 10:02:20AM +0300):

> Hello, stable!
>
> Which character should I use in login.conf file for escaping colon inside the variable's value?
> I wish to set up a capability "setenv" for specifying value for variable "http_proxy" in such a way:
> cap:\
>         :setenv=http_proxy=http://proxy.mydomen.com:3128/:\
>         :tc=default:

	man getcap

	says colons in string capability values can be represented by \c or \C
Guess that is what you are looking for but please do not take my word for it,
I have not really tried this.

> Tovarisch Drug.

	Regards

							Manuel García