Date:      Wed, 29 Sep 1999 12:03:36 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "=?iso-8859-1?q?Jean-Pierre=20H.=20Dumas?=" <jphdumas@yahoo.fr>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Using gcc2951

Hi,

As I try to install vmailmgr, the ./configure abort
saying
that I have a buggy c++ compiler, that I should
upgrade.
I use the vanilla compilers coming with R3.2.

So, I go to my closest mirror, grab gcc2.95.1
and do the add_package. Runs fine.

Now it looks like I have to do something more in order
to use all the binaries from 2.95.1, the /usr/bin/gcc
is unchanged and it looks like it is still calling
2.7.2.

What is the magic incantation that will allow me to
use several varieties of gcc , at will .
(The binaries have been put by pkg_add in
/usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/i386-portbld-freebsd3.3/2.95.1
!)

Yes I have not read all the litterature about gcc,
there is way to much. But I did read 'man gcc295'.
I did set and export GCC_EXEC_PREFIX with the
/usr..../2.95.1 value. No luck no change.

Help!

Jean-Pierre