Date:      Tue, 07 Jun 2005 14:52:43 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        John Larson <johnwlarson3rd@yahoo.com>, freebsd Mailing <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: perl 5.8.5

--On Tuesday, June 07, 2005 12:45:36 -0700 John Larson
<johnwlarson3rd@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I installed perl 5.8.5 when I did initial install of
> freebsd 4.11 on my machine. when I do perl -v I get
> perl 5.006. when I switch to the perl 5.8.5 it cannot
> find DBI in the PM when I switch back it can.
> John Larson

less /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8/pkg-message will explain what you need to do.

You need to type use.perl port to switch your system to the ports version
of perl.  Then you need to recompile all your perl apps so they use the
ports version.

Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas