Date:      Fri, 20 Dec 2002 16:40:00 +0100
From:      Yann Nottara <yann.nottara@almonde.com>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: mpd pptp server questions

Archie Cobbs wrote:
> Yann Nottara wrote:
[...]
>>So, my questions regarding the logs are :
>>
>>1) What does "exec: command returned 256" means ?
>

> The "route add" command failed for some reason. Does the route
> already exist?

So it seems, I'll have to check.

>>2) What "does rec'd unexpected protocol IP on link -1" means ?
>

> That's a transient error, it should really just be suppressed.
> The peer sent an IP packet before we were completely ready.
> No big deal.

That's what I suspected as it didn't seem to have any influence on
communications.

>>BTW, my setup only allows 1 client now but I'd like to allow up to about
>>10-15 machines more.
>>
>>Any idea of the burden this would put on a PIII 866 - 512 MB - U160 SCSI
>>server already providing some other basic net services ? Do you think
>>it's feasible ?
>

> Should be no problem.
>
> -Archie

Thanks for your help/assistance and for providing such a great piece of
software to the community. In my case, it's one more Win2k server that I
won't
buy and (most important) won't "baby-sit".

Yann Nottara
--
System & Network administrator
Almonde