Date:      Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:08:18 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
To:        Panagiotis Astithas <past@ebs.gr>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 1.4.2p6 build failure, build success and run problems

O kyrios Panagiotis Astithas egrapse stis Sep 1, 2004 :

> Achilleus Mantzios wrote:
>
> > Since 5.3-BETA2 has gcc3.4.2 as default and kse is now renamed to
> > libpthread and libpthread is now default
> > (entry 20040303,20040130 in UPDATING)
> > and since 5.3 is due on October, and since i got zero feedback
> > for this problem, and in case something is not completely
> > screwd up in my system,
> > i'd like to ask if someone runs 1.4.2p6 on a recently cvsup'd
> > -CURRENT (with libpthread,gcc34), using -server switch (e.g jboss), or
> > happily using eclipse.
> >
> > My intuition says this is not a threading lib problem.
> > Your feedback is invaluable.
> >
> > (Note, i did MEM checks, CPU temp checks, DISK cheks,
> > and rebuilt world,kernel,cvsuped ports and rebuild jdk14
> > at least 3 times).
>
> I have been following your reports, but I can't reproduce your problem
> at the moment. My BETA2 -current system has a jdk built before the new
> compiler import and I can successfully run eclipse and jboss. If you can
> use a jdk compiled with the previous gcc it would be interesting to see
> whether this fixes things for you. Otherwise I will definitely recompile
> my jdk  port at some point in the future and try to reproduce your
> problem, but I don't know when I'll get around to it.

Hmm, i can still run an old jdk1.4.2p5 built on 5.1-RELEASE without
problems
with the new libpthread in libmap.conf
(
[root@smadev bin]# ldd /usr/local/jdk1.4.2p5/bin/java
/usr/local/jdk1.4.2p5/bin/java:
        libc_r.so.5 => /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1 (0x28084000)
        libc.so.5 => /lib/libc.so.5 (0x280a8000)
)
I think (am not sure) it was built (on 5.1-RELEASE) with gcc3.2.2.

If you could sometime backup your current jdk1.4.2p6 build, and try
remaking jdk1.4.2p6, and tell me your results, that would be great.

--
-Achilleus