Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2000 19:02:09 -0400 (AST)
From:      Bryan Bursey <bbursey@nipplehead.yi.org>
To:        "Ljungqvist, Lennart" <lennart.ljungqvist@telia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Signal 11 error when installing 3.4 STABLE

You should have read the ERRATA.TXT file on ftp.freebsd.org...  See below.

---- System Update Information:

o    As shipped, the "Custom" installation option in 3.4 is broken
     and menu items like Configure don't work.

Fix: Both the "Novice" and "Express" install paths still work and
     can be used just as effectively (if not succinctly).  Alternately,
     you can invoke the custom installation from the "Index" menu
     (Installation, Custom) along with the Configuration option. You
     can also download a fixed mfsroot.flp floppy image (or boot.flp
     if you need 2.88MB boot media) from the following URL:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.4-RELEASE/floppies/updates/
     The 3.4 ISO installation image is also updated to contain fixes
     for all these errata items.