Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 1998 19:45:01 -0800
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Richard Seaman, Jr." <lists@tar.com>
Cc:        "Mike Smith" <mike@smith.net.au>, "Julian Elischer" <julian@whistle.com>, "current@freebsd.org" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Linux Threads patches available

> On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 03:41:59 -0800, Mike Smith wrote:
>
> >I've had a (quick) look at your current webpage; thanks for collecting
> >all this in one place.  Would you care to summarise the changes in a
> >little more detail, and perhaps sort them into 'non-intrusive' and
> >'intrusive' groups so that we can commit the first set and do whatever
> >needs to be done to resolve any problems with the second ASAP?
>
> I've added a summary at http://lt.tar.com/patchsum.html.  I can
> send to you if its inconvenient to read it there.  I thought it was
> a little long to post to this list, but it could be done if someone
> wants it that way.

Thanks again for the summary; it's made the situation fairly clear.
>From my first reading, a couple of questions:

 - Completeness would suggest that you should use vm_map_stack for the
   "original" process stack as well as for subsequent thread stacks.
   Is there a counter-argument?

 - Any reason (again for completeness) you couldn't add the remaining
   syscalls you list in the sigsuspend.S change to the patch?

 - Any guesses at Alpha-related issues?

And one finally, presuming you're interested in pursuing this sort of
thing further (we'd like that I expect):

 - Any reason you don't want to become a committer?