Date:      Wed, 30 Mar 2005 13:07:31 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
Cc:        freebsd gnome <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: end-user whines about 2.10

> From: Randy Bush <randy@psg.com>
> Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 12:42:49 -0800
>
> > For Randy, I'd suggest that he install gkrellm.
>
> good hint!  mahalo!
>
> how do i get plugins?  like battery?
>
> rnady

Battery is a built-in, not a plug-in. (It's already there.)

Plug-ins are generally in ports.
cd /usr/ports ; make search key=gkrellm | grep -E "^[P|I]".

Note that plug-ins are for either gkrellm or gkrellm2. gkrellm is ancient
and uses gtk V1. gkrellm2 is current and that is the one you should
install. Plug-ins are specific to one or the other, so be sure that you
use a plug-in that depends on gkrellm-2.2.5. Most plug-ins are available
for both and most are clearly labeled as to which they are.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)