Date:      Tue, 6 Nov 2001 03:54:26 -0600
From:      Mike Meyer <mwm@mired.org>
To:        Brian Sobolak <sobolak@mindspring.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Re[2]: xwindows

Brian Sobolak <sobolak@mindspring.com> types:
> Hello ann,
>
> Sunday, November 04, 2001, 1:09:31 PM, you wrote:
>
> ak> Hi David
>
> ak> Do you know there is any software for these feature is
> ak> free?
>
> (looking for free X emulation software for windows)
>
> No, not that i've ever seen.  I've searched download.com and found
> something for $80 or so, but nothing for free.

VNC - at least the Unix half - is in the ports tree. You'll have to
download the Windows client from the VNC folks themselves. That puts
an X desktop in a window on your Windows box, which may or may not be
what you want.

	<mike

P.S. to Brian - the digester ate the mail address of the person asking
the original question. They might appreciate a forward if you still
have it.

Q: How do you make the gods laugh?		A: Tell them your plans.