Date:      Thu, 10 Jan 2008 13:07:32 +0100
From:      Marian Hettwer <mh@kernel32.de>
To:        Aryeh M. Friedman <aryeh.friedman@gmail.com>
Cc:        Wilko Bulte <wb@freebie.xs4all.nl>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD's problems as seen by the BSDForen.de community

On Thu, 10 Jan 2008 06:46:23 -0500, "Aryeh M. Friedman"
<aryeh.friedman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I decided to elaborate slightly on the previous reply....
>
> One thing that FOSS (BSD or GPL) has historical had issues doing
> cleanly is seperating free software from free beer.   The first being
> a very important goal and the second a unfair side effect of thinking
> that open source by definition means free use of the products.   Yes
> the source should be avaible to everyone but as far I can tell that
> does not automatically and should not translate into not having some
> responibility to the community that created the project in the first
> place.... my approach (along with 3 other small software vendors) is
> to have a requirement to contribute back to the community in some form
> (in work or help support those doing the work), namely it is free
> software but not free beer.

Please stop this. FreeBSD is BSD licenced and if you want to start another
holy war about wether this is good or bad, do it on freebsd-chat. Or even
better, stop here, right now.
This really has nothing to do with the thread itself and with this mailing
list in special.

Thanks.

./Marian