Date:      Tue, 05 Feb 2008 23:15:33 -0600
From:      Kevin Kinsey <kdk@daleco.biz>
To:        Eugen <eu9gu4@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help with router problem

Eugen wrote:
> Are there really no experienced FreeBSD users who can help me
> with my "behind a router" problem ? Should I post it again ?
> Should I just give up using BSD altogether due to an unusable
> system? I would not like this idea, I was really starting to like it.
>
> Respectfully,
> Eugen

Hello.  I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Have you attempted static assignment to another address, such as
192.168.1.38 (something not 33, but within your "pool")?

# ifconfig dc0 down
# ifconfig dc0 inet 192.168.1.38 netmask 255.255.255.0
# ping 192.168.1.1

What does `arp -a` say?  Does ping work if you call it with
`ping -I dc0 192.168.1.1`?  What does `traceroute 192.168.1.1`
give you?  And, I've only seen output for the one interface
(maybe I overlooked something in your posts), what is the
output of "ifconfig -a" --- is there some other interface
that could be causing route problems and therefore "network
unreachable" from ping(8)?

It does seem rather odd, so I wonder if there's something we
are all overlooking.  Since no one but you is there, we can't
tell you what it is, but only guess.  Maybe something
above will give us all a clue :-)

Also respectfully, ;-)

Kevin Kinsey
--